Saturday, June 5, 2010

Oh Happy Days!

Well Mom and Dad have been here for a couple days now and it's been glorious.  The kids have loved having them as have I.  I know that Liz has been happy as well but unfortunately she's been a little bit under the weather.

Dad and I completed one of the projects that I wanted to get done.  Perhaps it was the most important one on my list so getting it done first was great.  It was simply to build a cover for the pipes and valves and what not for the water holding tank from the Well.  Simple but important so that the kids won't continue to bang it up with toys and climbing around in that closet.  The cover took very little effort and we even used wood I had on hand here at the house. The best part of it was simply getting my Dad's help and his advise and just spending the time together and talking.  I've really missed my Dad.

We also went to Lowes and got the wood for building Flower Boxes for Liz.  Mom had the foresight to have them cut all the pieces to just the right lengths for us right there at Lowes so that probably saved us a few hours of doing it all by hand (since my skill saw is in Wyoming with David)

It's just been nice to listen to Dad and Mom's stories.  Dad talking about American History and Mom talking about Family History.

I found out last night that my mother played basketball for the Luckachukei girls team when she was a teacher on the reservation.  I could tell by her form and all the baskets she made that she had experience.  None of us knew that growing up and seeing mom swishing a few in the driveway must have reminded Dad because he told us.

I'm so happy they are here. 

No comments: