Friday, March 23, 2012

To Sup with an Apostle

I got a very exciting email last night from the High Councilman assigned to work with me.  It read as follows:

"President Olson,

As you know, in connection with Stake Conference there will be a Priesthood Leadership Meeting in Dover from 4 to 6 on Saturday April 14th.  You and your counselors should be there for that.  Just for you, as President, there is also an invitation to attend a special dinner with our visiting general authority, Elder Packer, after the leadership meeting.  You are encouraged to bring your wife with you to the dinner.  I look forward to seeing you on the 14th.

Bro. Jordan "

Now the adult session begins at 7 so I realize it will probably be something quick and informal, but to me it is exciting to meet the President of the Quorum of Twelve.  I've met several apostles and general authorities over the years and I always get excited at the opportunity.

The last time I met the President of the Quorum of the Twelve was on my mission when the Elder Hunter visited us in our mission.  I was in the mission office at the time so I had several chances to shake his hand and speak to him.  I knew when I met him that he would be the next Prophet and in time he was.

To eat with an Apostle of Jesus Christ isn't something that happens everyday.  I guess it happened one other time, by chance, that we sat at the table next to Elder Perry at Chuck o Rama.  This will probably be different though :o)

No comments: