Thursday, January 28, 2010

Julie & Julia (Movie Review)

First of all, I adore Meryl Streep.  I think she is probably the most talented actress of her time.  Now I don't know much about Julia Child, aside from what Meryl portrayed, but something tells me she acted her to a T.  Julie Powell was very well acted by Amy Adams as well.

We rented the movie from red box and after having it for several days I decided to just watch it and take it back so it wouldn't keep costing us a dollar a day.  It was worth the $4 or $5 bucks it ended up costing and I wish Liz could have watched it with me because I'm sure she would have enjoyed it.  Guess we'll have to rent it again, I ceratainly won't mind seeing it twice.

Ironically Julie Powell, aspiring writing, was all about the Blog she wrote to share her experience while cooking 524 recipes, from Julia Child's book, in 365 days.  Followers were few at first but then she became very popular, obviously enough so to warrant a book and a movie :o).

I think Blogs are pretty cool and although I only have one follower, my beautiful wife, I'm completely content with that.  I enjoy writing and I could see myself one day writing my autobiography but for now the occasional blurb from me will have to do.  (I'm certainly long winded enough to blog everyday, I'm just not at a computer every time I have inspired things to write about)

The movie to me was fun and heart warming.  I got all warm and fuzzy about the relationship Julia had with her husband, Paul Child (Stanley Tucci), the American Ambassador to France. I soaked in nostalgia as they portrayed the pen pal relationships these characters had, and thought of our instant communication society and the lack of substance it has brought about.

The movie made me want to love on my wife even more, to cook something fun and fancy, and to really enjoy life.  I'd give it 4.5 Stars.

No comments: