Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

It was Valentine's Day 1969 that my mother was baptized. On Valentines Day 2008 the Sister Missionaries and I received a comittment to be baptized from Gale the good sister we've been teaching the gospel to. Her Brother in Law Bill has been meeting with the missionaries as well but still has lots of question and unresolved concerns however. I am certain that we'll be able to answer his questions and resolve his concerns and that he too will make a decision to be baptized.

I've seen a change in both their countenances since we started meeting with them. Alma 5:14

And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?

In fact Gale's friends have asked her in recent weeks what it is that she's using on her face because she 'has a glow'. Gale has simply told them that she is reading the Book of Mormon. We encouraged her to invite those interested to her baptism and to meet with the missionaries.

It is a great feeling to be a missionary!

No comments: